What is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups. In short, spam is "junk e-mail."
As defined by H.R. 3113 and reported by the Subcommittee on Telecommunications, Trade, and Consumer Protection, unsolicited e-mail refers to any electronic message that:
- advertises a product or service for profit,
- is sent for other commercial purposes,
- is sent to a recipient with whom the initiator does not have an existing business relationship, or
- invites the recipient to view content on an internet website that is operated for a commercial purpose.
CCNJHost.com recognizes an e-mail as "spam" if:
- the recipient is unable to easily unsubscribe from the e-mail list,
- the transmission contains invalid or forged headers, invalid or non-existent domain names, or other means of deceptive addressing, or
- in the opinion of the recipient, the transmission and reception of the message appears to give a disproportionate benefit to the sender.
What is opt-in vs. opt-out e-mail?
Opt-in e-mail is a web marketing term for promotional e-mail that recipients have previously requested by signing up via a website or special ad banner. Typically, web users are invited to sign up for promotional information about one or more product or service categories. Those who sign up have thus "opted in."
Opt-out e-mail is a web marketing term for promotional e-mail that recipients have not previously requested by signing up. However, for CCNJHost.com e-mail distributions, the contact's e-mail address must have been provided to CCNJHost.com by that individual via a CCNJHost.com website, conference, or trade show. Individuals who have willingly given CCNJHost.com their contact information via these methods are automatically added to e-mail distribution lists that benefit that individual. Although the individual is added to the e-mail distribution list on the concept of opt-out, the individual is ALWAYS given the opportunity to easily unsubscribe - without being hassled.
What is CCNJHost.com doing to become "anti-spam?
CCNJHost.com hopes that individuals find its e-mail communications informative and helpful. However, CCNJHost.com respects the recipient's wishes for either receiving or not receiving e-mail communications from us. Therefore, CCNJHost.com has adopted the following as procedures for all of its e-mail distribution communications:
- Valid addressing
The e-mail communication will be sent to a single recipient with the intention of it being received by only one individual. The sender address will be a valid CCNJHost.com e-mail address that is monitored by a CCNJHost.com employee. Therefore the sender address can also be sent e-mail. The sender address will be relevant to the content of the message being sent.
- Valid headers/subjects
The e-mail communication will always have a header or subject that is appropriate and true to the content provided in the communication. The header or subject will not be used inappropriately or give a disproportionate benefit to the sender.
- Valid contact information
Any contact information in the e-mail communication will be real and relevant to CCNJHost.com.
- Valid subscribe/unsubscribe service
The e-mail communication will always have the "CCNJHost.com Subscription" information at the end.
- Relevant and beneficial information for the recipient
CCNJHost.com attempts to provide honest information about our company, solutions, products, services, or other information which we feel will be in some way relevant and beneficial to the recipient.
- Mindfulness and compliance with company policies